A comprehensive State of Survival guide for beginners, covering all aspects of the game.
Day 0 – Game Intro & Starting Tips
In this video, I will explain what is the game about, if you can or can’t play solo, which state to choose, how to play with your friends, what are the game requirements and how to secure your account to prevent any loses in the future.
Introducing the game
- Heavily PvP-focused MMO mix of strategy / RPG / settlement development genres, with some PvE activities.
- Playing solo is close to impossible, cooperation and playing in an alliance is a requirement from the very beginning.
- Yes, there are zombies 🙂
- Since it’s running on Unreal Engine, visual part is quite nice. A decent phone is required: I would recommend one with at least 4-cores CPU and 2 Gb RAM.
- Game is exclusively online, you can’t play without internet connection. Quality of connection is more important than your speed (bandwidth). Playing without stable network coverage might cause constant disconnects and in-game lags.
Choosing a state
If you were to create a new character would you create one in a new state or an older one? And why?from Reddit
Old states are actually in a bad shape because developers don’t bring any features there, everything is added to the new ones only. Also, every new state starts with state intel challenge – a bunch of missions shared across all state members (like killing 70 000 infected) with limited time to complete but also some nice rewards for each of the member afterwards (regardless if you participated or not). You would also spend ages to progress and grow decent battle power to compete with people who started a few months ago, unless you’re planning to pour in thousands of $$$ into in-game items, like speedups and hero fragments. On top of that, you will probably struggle to find a good alliance due to low BP (battle power).
To sum it up: in my opinion, there’s absolutely no reason to start in an older state.
If you would like to change state for whatever reason, below are the requirements:
- HQ at level 6 or below;
- Account not older than 5 days;
- You need a Rookie Relocator (you received two of those as rewards in system mail).
How to do that:
- Go to Wilderness map (symbol button left);
- Zoom out by using two fingers in a pinching motion;
- Tap on Globe symbol button right;
- Search for state / enter state;
- Tap on an empty space and then “Join State”.
You will be teleported to a random location in that state.
Changing nickname and profile picture
Once you’ve started the game, your nickname will be something like Survivor.randomnumbers. Changing it together with your profile picture is a good idea to get alliance invitation. Can be done for free first time and for 400 biocaps unlimited times afterwards.
Binding your account
This quite important action I would recommend doing in the very beginning. Not only you will be able to carry over your progress in case your device is damaged or stolen, but also it allows you playing on multiple devices. I.e. if you wish to play on your phone during the day and later on switch onto tablet, it’s only possible after your account was bind.
Allows you to create additional accounts. You can have unlimited account in different states, but only max 2 accounts in the same state.
Enabling smooth gameplay
Game has got 30 and 60 fps graphics setting, I would recommend you switching over to 60 fps for better experience.